Become A Member
The Pittsburgh NSBE Professionals Membership Fee is now $70.00 (yearly). This fee includes National and Local membership ($50 National and $20 Local). In order to be a local member both National and Local dues need to be paid. The easiest way to join is to complete the membership form and pay through PayPal.
Membership is open to working professionals and graduate students who majored in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics seek to fulfill NSBE’s mission via avenues for networking and professional development while giving back to the community.
Step 1. Sign Up for Membership
Fill out the online form in order to submit your information to the membership database.
Step 2. Register and Pay for National Membership
The fee to join the National Society of Black Engineering Professionals is $50 yearly. Register and pay for National membership through the following link.
Step 3. Pay for Local Membership
The Pittsburgh NSBE Professionals Membership Fee is $20.00 annually. Membership payments can be presented in person at a chapter meeting/event, pay by check or pay online using the PayPal link below.
Pittsburgh NSBE Professionals | PO Box 19299 | Pittsburgh | PA | 15213
Note: Membership period is August 1 through July 31 the following year.
If you are joining for the first time, simply fill out our online application.
Check The FAQS
- Leadership Development and Training including Panel Discussions with Top Leadership from Fortune 500 Companies
- Professional Development via a multitude of workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities at Conferences and local Chapter Functions
- KAPLAN test preparation workshops available at conferences. Discounted Kaplan Test Prep services and materials. You can also receive a chance to win a free test prep class offered by Kaplan.
- Receive a subscription to NSBE Magazine. Each issue offers the latest industry news and articles tailored to individual areas of engineering. (a $20 value) Includes the Career Engineer, a special section of the magazine that highlights our Technical Professionals
- Discount Registrations for conferences and events including the National Convention/Technical Professionals Conference held annually in March
- Post your resume free of charge to top engineering companies in NSBE’s Job Placement Center (JPC) (need link). Search for full-time job opportunities.
- Access to Fortune 500 Companies during the Career Fair and Networking Suites annually at the Annual Convention/Technical Professional Conference
- First year Alumni membership dues are waived for NSBE Collegiate members upon Graduation with an Undergraduate degree within the first year of degree completion. (a $50 value)
- Access to scholarships/fellowships
- Mentoring and Community Outreach opportunities
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which address specific areas of Engineer, i.e. Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Engineer, etc…
- Networking Events: monthly social, professional, and programmatic events, including panel discussions, workshops, receptions, happy hours, and more. NSBE provides opportunities for every member no matter your career level.
- Professional Development: informative and interactive short courses, technical workshops, and study groups to help you gain and maintain certifications or prepare for applying to advanced degree programs.
- Build your resume: Serve in a leadership position within PGH NSBE . Hone your skills in your specialty or expand your expertise by running for Pittsburgh NSBE’s Executive Board, volunteering to serve as a Committee Chair or a member on our active committee, or guiding a Special Interest Group.
- Monthly General Body Meetings to help support NSBE members